Do you want to start an online store on your own? It is complicated to build an online store while having no expertise in technology. This article will help you in developing an outclass online store with different ideas.
You don’t need any skill to establish your online store and even to advertise your brand name! If you are waiting for a better time to put your store live, then you’re wasting your time. You will never find a better time to start an online store than today.
To start an online store, you only need a computer with an internet connection. The first process is to get a place where you’ll display your products.
The three things you need to start an online store
- An idea of domain name (this will be the name of your online store like Cybexo.com, tittustar.com)
- A web hosting account (this is where your website lives on the Internet)
- All your attention for 30 minutes.
These are pretty simple steps, and you will get your website name and live storage place. Confirm one thing that your hosting package should come with a free SSL certificate. It will secure your user data.
Configure Online Store’s Platform
At this step, people get confused and stop working on their online store business dream. But It’s good to see you here because you’ll not be going any mistake here at any step. Follow all the steps, and you’ll see your online store in the end.
I recommend you choose the most popular, drag and drop WordPress platform to build your online store.
Why Not Shopify?
Shopify is another good option because it provides you complete E-Commerce solution on a single platform. The bad thing is that Shopify isn’t free nor economical. It charges $29 per month, which is especially expensive for the new startups! Whereas you can get all complete E-Commerce solutions from WordPress + WooCommerce combination.
These are the reasons for WordPress’s popularity, and without any doubt, WordPress is a pretty helpful tool for new startups, entrepreneurial, and even large-scale businesses. Once you complete your WordPress basic configuration, then install WooCommerce.
WordPress Theme Settings For Online Store
- Sign in WordPress Account
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes
- On the themes page, click on the “Add New” button at the top of the page.
- Choose any theme you like, or you can choose by even searching the name of the WordPress theme.
- Click download for installation.
- Click on the “Activate Button”
You’re all set, and now you can add images, sliders for an attractive outlook, etc. There are many free and paid versions of plugins you can install for better performance for your online business, like Yoast for SEO, G Meta Keywords, and many other plugins for different purposes. Explore WordPress plugins and install them according to your requirements.
As already discussed that you need a WooCoomerce plugin set up for an online store. You should buy the WooCommerce plugin at spending one time cost. Although, you can install its free edition but with fewer features. Let’s have a look at how to install WordPress plugins.
How to Install WooCommerce Plugin
The installation method of the WooCommerce plugin is as easy as you installed the theme before.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New Plugin.
- Click on the “Add New” button on the top of the plugins page
- Click on the “Upload Plugin” button to upload or click on the “Install Now” button to install a new plugin.
- Click on the “Activate” button.
Once you install the WooCommerce plugin, you will receive a Welcome to WooCommerce notification on your WordPress admin site. Just go to notifications and click on the “Run configuration wizard” button. This will start the setup wizard of WooCommerce where you must click on the “Let’s go” button.
Now you can upload your products and set their prices, descriptions, etc. Before you start selling your products, you must configure your online payment method. Setup the payment and shipping method and you’re good to go.
Add Products to Your Online Store
Follow the process and add all the products to your online store:
- Navigate to Products > Add a new page to add a new product.
- Give product title in the field of the title.
- Write description lines in the description section.
- At the right side in categories > Add new product category.
- In product databox, set price, inventory, and shipping style.
- Hit on the “Publish” button to publish your product.
Brief Product Title and Description
You should spend some time on keyword research before writing the title and description of the product. Without proper research of keywords, it is difficult to get an organic audience on your online store. So, I suggest you spend a little time before uploading any product. It will help you in the increase of your sales.
I have tried to make this method easier for you. Now you can build and start an online store by following these easy steps. If you still facing problems, ask me in the comments section. Have a good day!